EZ Ride offers innovative transportation programs that enhance quality of life & move our economy forward.
Headquarters & Serving Bergen, Hudson & Passaic Counties:
144 Park Place East
Wood-Ridge, NJ 07075
Serving Essex & Union Counties:
80 Brewster Road
Newark, NJ 07114
Serving Monmouth County:
1 Industrial Way West Bldg. A
Eatontown, NJ 07724
Krishna Murthy, Executive Director
Avnish Gupta, Assistant Executive Director
Number of Employees: 120
Providing Transportation Programs & Services
Year Founded: 1983
In the aftermath of the gas crisis of the 1970’s, Meadowlands Transportation Brokerage Corporation (MTBC) was incorporated in 1983 as a not for profit, public-private partnership to improve access, reduce congestion and promote economic growth by working with businesses and government agencies to address the employee commuting challenges in Northern New Jersey.
The charter members were the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey, New Jersey Turnpike Authority, New Jersey Sports & Exposition Authority, New Jersey Meadowlands Commission, New Jersey Department of Transportation and the Meadowlands Chamber.
In the 1980’s MTBC primarily served the geographic area around the Meadowlands and did business as “Meadowlink.” As MTBC expanded to an area beyond the Meadowlands, it began using the name EZ Ride, which shifted attention from its geographic base to the services it provided.
The EZ Ride name stuck and in 2005 it became the primary brand identification of the Meadowlands Transportation Brokerage Corporation.
To implement innovative transportation programs and services that enhance the quality of life, regional mobility and economic opportunity for both people and businesses while reducing traffic congestion and improving air quality
About The Company:
AT EZ Ride, we believe that access to safe, affordable and reliable transportation is critical to our quality of life and the economic growth of the region.
Transportation is a daily concern for commuters who cannot afford to drive to work, for older adults and people with disabilities who do not drive a car and for businesses seeking to recruit and retain employees and do not have easy access to public transportation or face parking constraints.
For over 35-years, we have helped people overcome transportation barriers by partnering with public and private sector organizations to implement transportation programs like carpools, vanpools, shuttles, transportation for riders with reduced mobility, bicycling & walking programs and even transportation with companies like Lyft and Uber. More than 300 companies in NJ use our transportation services.
Whatever your transportation needs, EZ Ride is here to help.
1. Our shuttles transport about 2,000 commuters on a typical workday, linking them with transit hubs such as Newark Penn, Secaucus Junction, Harrison, Rutherford and Lyndhurst. The EZ Ride shuttles operate 24/7 serving workers day and night. Our clients include public entities like New Jersey Transit, Essex County, Passaic County, and Montclair Township as well as businesses like Hartz Mountain Industries, BNE Real Estate, Russo Development, KABR, Petrucci Residential, United Parcel Service (UPS), Ernst & Young, Rose Brand, ARRI Rental and Frederick Goldman.
2. In 2017, EZ Ride partnered with Lyft to launch Ryde4Life, a state-wide program to provide rides for older adults who do not have access to a smart phone. About 1,000 riders participate in the program and they took more than 10,000 rides in the last 12-months.
3. In Monmouth County, EZ Ride provides transportation services for people with disabilities. Ridership on the Flex-T program has more than doubled since 2015 to a total of 19,800 rides.
4. EZ Ride partners with Enterprise and New Jersey Transit to provide vanpool services for employees from companies like PSE&G and Merck and manages about 25 vanpools. Additionally, more than 36,000 commuters from schools such as Rutgers and Kean University and businesses like United Airlines and BD participate in our carpool program.
5. In partnership with the New Jersey Department of Transportation and the Voorhees Transportation Center at Rutgers, our bike and pedestrian team promotes safe walking and biking in more than 100 different communities by providing information and even free bike helmets.
- Public-Private Partnership
EZ Ride is one of the few nonprofit public-private partnerships that focus exclusively on providing transportation services. Organizations like New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT), NJ Transit, North Jersey Transportation Planning Authority (NJTPA) and the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey (PANYNJ) serve on our board and help us access federal funds, where possible.
- Focus on Safety
Safety is paramount at EZ Ride. Our drivers meet the highest industry standards. Our vehicles exceed strict state inspection standards and our in-vehicle cameras help record any accidents or incidents.
- Focus on Reliability
Our clients demand reliability. EZ Ride delivers it with newer vehicles regular maintenance and Twitter updates on services affected by weather and traffic conditions.
In 2008, EZ Ride was presented with the Outstanding Transportation Management Association (TMA) Award by the Association for Commuter Transportation (ACT). The award is presented to the TMA that best uses its public/private partnerships to achieve local or regional transportation goals.
The Community Transportation Association of America (CTAA) recognized EZ Ride as the 2013 Urban Community Transportation System of the Year. The award recognizes excellence by urban transportation systems in serving the needs of people in their communities. EZ Ride was selected for “innovative and creative collaborations throughout its service area which includes most of New Jersey´s most populous counties.”