Recorded on 4/22/21
This program features a full half hour of transplant leaders discussing the impact of COVID-19 on the transplant community. First, Steve Adubato is joined by a panel of experts who discuss COVID’s impact on the organ and tissue transplant community and the reasons behind vaccine hesitancy among transplant recipients. The panel also discusses the upcoming Reimagined Transplant Games.
- Bill Ryan, President & CEO, Transplant Life Foundation E. Denise Peoples, Double Lung Recipient and Hospital & Community Services Coordinator,
- NJ Sharing Network Sharyn Sawczak, RN, CPTC, CTBS, Director, Clinical Practice & Innovation
- Steve is also joined by a transplant recipient and a surgeon who discuss the importance COVID-19 vaccinations for those in the transplant community:
- Leilani Graham, Heart Transplant Recipient
- Patient Advocate & Healthcare Consultant Brian Lima, MD, FACS, Surgical Director, Heart Transplantation & Mechanical Circulatory Support, Medical City Heart Hospital, Advanced Cardiothoracic Surgeons