Customers Can Celebrate the Season and Save!
The holiday season is here for NJ TRANSIT! To celebrate, NJ TRANSIT is offering several promotional discounts beginning today and running through the rest of 2021. Both new and current customers can save on holiday travel by using various promotional codes in the NJ TRANSIT mobile app, including an invitation for new customers to “Try NJT” to take a free ride, “Buy One, Get One” deals, as well as discounts to Newark Liberty International Airport and MetLife Stadium for NFL football. In addition, the family SuperSaver fare, which allows kids 11 and under to ride for free, will be extended from December 17th through January 3rd! Full details are available at njtransit.com/holiday.
NJ TRANSIT Invites New Customers to Celebrate the Season and TRY NJT!
We want you to see how safe, convenient and affordable NJ TRANSIT is! So, between today and January 2nd, customers who set up a new NJ TRANSIT Mobile App account or have not purchased an NJ TRANSIT mobile ticket from their existing account within the past six months will be eligible to receive one free round-trip ticket between any origin and destination, using the promo code “TRYNJT”. Only 5,000 codes will be issued each week, with a new batch offered each Monday. Get them before they’re gone! The code may only be redeemed once per account.
Flying Somewhere for the Holidays?
Take NJ TRANSIT to and from the airport!
NJ TRANSIT is one of the most convenient and affordable ways to get to Newark Liberty International Airport, and customers traveling between today and January 3rd can use the promo code “FLYNJT” in the mobile app to purchase up to two round-trip tickets at a 20% discount. The code may only be redeemed once per account.
Give Someone a Ride for the Holidays!
The holidays are all about giving, and now is your chance to give someone the gift of travel! Between December 13th-19th, NJ TRANSIT customers can use the promo code “GIVING” in the mobile app to “Buy One, Get One” round-trip ticket between any origin and destination. And between December 27th-January 2nd, customers can use the promo code “FRIENDS” to receive the same promotion. Tickets must be used that week, and the code can only be redeemed once per account, per promotional week.
Take NJ TRANSIT to see the NFL!
From today through January 9th, customers traveling to MetLife Stadium for NFL games can use the mobile app to purchase up to 4 round-trip adult tickets at a 50% discount. This does not include the Army-Navy game on December 11th or any other special events. Customers can visit njtransit.com/holiday to see the unique promo code for each NFL game. The code may only be redeemed once per account.
Important note: All offers are non-transferable, non-refundable, and app-only. All tickets will expire at the end of the specific promotional period. All offers valid while supplies last.
Customers can take advantage of these great deals by entering the appropriate promotional codes during the eligible dates when purchasing tickets on the NJ TRANSIT Mobile App, which currently holds a 4.8 rating on the Apple App Store, with over 94,000 reviews. The promotions are only available on the mobile app.
NJ TRANSIT’s Family SuperSaver Fare, which allows up to two children 11 and younger to travel free with each fare-paying adult, will be in effect from 7 p.m. Friday, December 17 until 6 a.m. Monday, January 3.
Customers are required to wear masks while inside waiting rooms and on board all public transit vehicles regardless of physical distance through January 18, 2022 per the Transit Security Administration’s (TSA’s) federal directive.
Holiday Travel Tips:
- Face coverings are required on board trains, buses, and inside stations.
- Check Schedules in Advance: Plan your trip online to become familiar with all travel options.
- Ticketing: Purchase round-trip tickets at the start of your trip to speed your return. Use the Mobile App, ticket vending machines, or see a ticket agent, if available, to avoid possible surcharges.
- Use NJ TRANSIT’s mobile app for a seamless experience purchasing tickets.
- Plan accordingly. Customers should familiarize themselves with NJ TRANSIT schedules and fares before starting their trip. To see the schedules and fare information, visit www.njtransit.com.
- Luggage: Travel as light as possible. Passengers with luggage or packages should use the overhead racks or designated luggage spaces. On multilevel trains, customers with large bags should use the mezzanine levels at the ends of each car. Purchase round-trip tickets in advance to avoid potentially long lines.
- Service advisories: Customers should download the latest version of the NJ TRANSIT mobile app and customize service alert notifications available via push notifications.
- Stay connected to NJ TRANSIT social media during your commute. Search for rail, bus, or light rail-specific Twitter accounts for the best information
- Twitter: @NJTRANSIT
- @NJTRANSIT_NBUS (North Jersey Bus)
- @NJTRANSIT_SBUS (South Jersey Bus)
- @NJTRANSIT_AL (Access Link)
- Facebook: facebook.com/NJTRANSIT
- YouTube Channel: TheNewJerseyTransit
NJ TRANSIT is the nation’s largest statewide public transportation system providing more than 925,000 weekday trips on 253 bus routes, three light rail lines, 12 commuter rail lines and through Access Link paratransit service. It is the third largest transit system in the country with 166 rail stations, 62 light rail stations and more than 18,000 bus stops linking major points in New Jersey, New York and Philadelphia.