HBLR Service Adjustments for Jersey City Freedom Fireworks Festival at Exchange Place
NJ TRANSIT is celebrating the birth of our nation with “early getaway” rail and bus service on Friday, July 1 to help customers start the celebration early.
NJ TRANSIT can help you enjoy the fireworks and other holiday weekend events without having to worry about the cost of driving and parking. July 4th weekend is a great time for customers to take advantage of NJ TRANSIT’s travel options to fun summer destinations including the Jersey Shore, Monmouth Park, Six Flags Great Adventure or Hurricane Harbor.
Friday, July 1:
- NJ TRANSIT rail, bus and light rail service will operate on a regular weekday schedule with the following enhancements:
- From approximately 1 p.m. until 6 p.m., extra outbound trains will operate; Newark Airport stops will be added to select trains, and certain connections at Secaucus will be adjusted. Visit njtransit.com or see rail timetables for details.
- Extra buses will operate from the Port Authority Bus Terminal on more than two dozen bus routes starting around noon. Visit njtransit.com for details.
Saturday, July 2 and Sunday, July 3:
- Rail service will operate on a regular weekend schedule.
- Bus service will operate on regular weekend schedules.
- Hudson-Bergen Light Rail will operate on a weekend schedule.
- Newark Light Rail will operate on a Saturday and Sunday schedule respectively.
- River LINE will operate on a Saturday and Sunday schedule respectively.
Independence Day, Monday, July 4:
- Trains will operate on a weekend/major holiday schedule on all lines.
- Northern and Central New Jersey bus routes will operate on a Saturday schedule. Southern New Jersey bus routes will operate on a Sunday schedule. Customers are advised to check their timetables or visit njtransit.com for schedule information. NOTE: buses may be subject to detours and service delays for 4th of July events and parades through various towns. See njtransit.com for details.
- Hudson-Bergen Light Rail will operate on a Sunday/holiday schedule.
- Beginning at 10 a.m. on July 4, HBLR will adjust the routes which normally travel through and serve Exchange Place by terminating one stop prior to the Exchange Place station. Service from Tonnelle Ave. and Hoboken will terminate at Harborside. Service from West Side Ave. and 8th St. will terminate at Essex St. See njtransit.com for more details or click HERE.
- Newark Light Rail will operate on a Saturday/holiday schedule.
- River LINE will operate on a Sunday/holiday schedule.
NJ TRANSIT Summer Spectacular!
Beach Excursion Fares
Get to the Jersey Shore from NYC for under $20 on weekdays! NJ TRANSIT customers traveling to Long Branch and stations south of there on the North Jersey Coast Line can use a special promo code in the NJ TRANSIT Mobile App to receive a spectacular savings of over 40% off regular fares. That means that customers coming from New York City can visit the shore in Long Branch for less than $20 round-trip!
Customers will need to check www.njtransit.com/shore for a new code each week. Promo codes are only valid for same-day, weekday activation, and each code allows customers to purchase and activate up to two round-trip tickets at a time. The code is limited to one use per customer per week and must include a destination of Long Branch or any station south of Long Branch on NJ TRANSIT’s North Jersey Coast Line to receive the special savings. Effective non-holiday weekdays through September 2nd.
Customers in South Jersey can get to the shore too! Customers can get special promo codes each week at www.njtransit.com/ac to use in the NJ TRANSIT Mobile App to receive an amazing 50% savings off travel on the Atlantic City Rail Line (ACRL) between Philadelphia and Atlantic City on weekdays. With this discount, customers can travel from Philadelphia to Atlantic City round-trip on weekdays for just $10! Promo codes are only valid for weekday same-day activation, and each code allows customers to purchase and activate up to two round-trip tickets at a time. The code is limited to one use per customer per week. Effective non-holiday weekdays through September 2nd.
Summer in the City!
NJ TRANSIT customers can also use the promo codes “NYCPASS” and “PHILLYPASS” in the NJ TRANSIT Mobile App to receive a 40% discounted round-trip ride to either Philadelphia or New York City. Each code allows customers to purchase and activate up to two roundtrip tickets, which must both be activated on the same day. Each code can only be redeemed once per customer during the summer, so be sure to make the most of your trip! Effective non-holiday weekdays through September 2nd.
BOGO – NJ TRANSIT Style
Show your friends how easy, convenient and affordable NJ TRANSIT is throughout the summer by using the promo code “VIBES22” in the NJ TRANSIT Mobile App to “Buy One, Get One Free” round-trip between any origin and destination. Only one code may be used per customer per month during the promotion and all tickets expire at the end of the promotion on September 4th.
NJ TRANSIT customers can take advantage of all these great summer deals by using the promotional codes during the eligible dates when purchasing tickets through the
NJ TRANSIT Mobile App. These special offers are only available through the mobile app.
Important note: All offers are non-transferable, non-refundable, app-only, and cannot be combined with other offers. All tickets will expire at the end of the promotional period and are valid only while supplies last. Click here for additional information regarding NJ TRANSIT’s Summer Vibes Promotions.
More Summer Savings!
- Six Flags Great Adventure or Hurricane Harbor: NJ TRANSIT customers can use the No. 308 express bus for travel to and from the park. The No. 308 bus operates between the Port Authority Bus Terminal in New York and Six Flags, with an intermediate stop at Newark Penn Station. For details, visit njtransit.com/sixflags.
- Beach Packages: Save up to $6.50 on admission to Asbury Park or Ocean Grove beaches on weekends and holidays only by purchasing a round-trip train fare and a discounted beach pass for one low price! Available only at NJ TRANSIT ticket vending machines (choose “Beach Package”) or at ticket windows. Visit njtransit.com/shore for more information.
- Monmouth Park: NJ TRANSIT is off to the races at Monmouth Park Racetrack this season with a great discount package! NJ TRANSIT customers can take North Jersey Coast Line trains to Monmouth Park Station when the track is open for live racing, through September 18th. NJ TRANSIT’s Monmouth Park Package includes round-trip transportation, general admission, and an official racing program, and costs only the price of the round-trip fare plus $3.50, a total savings of $6.50 off the face value if purchased separately. The Monmouth Park package is available only at TVMs and ticket office windows. You can find more information at njtransit.com/monmouthpark.
- Check Schedules in Advance: Plan your trip online or with the NJ TRANSIT mobile app to take advantage of extra trains and buses.
- Allow Extra Travel Time: Traffic congestion during the long holiday weekend may affect bus travel times especially on routes using the Garden State Parkway heading to shore points. Customers should plan accordingly.
- Ticketing: Purchase round-trip tickets at the start of your trip to speed your return. Use the NJ TRANSIT mobile app, ticket vending machines or see a ticket agent, if available, to avoid possible surcharges. Bus customers departing Port Authority Bus Terminal (PABT) are reminded that tickets must be purchased before boarding the bus.
- Customers are encouraged to download or update the NJ TRANSIT mobile app to set up and receive customized service alert information via push notifications. Visit the You Tube video for easy instructions on setting up custom push notifications.
- Luggage: Travel as light as possible. Customers with luggage or packages should use the overhead racks or designated luggage spaces. On multilevel trains, customers with large bags should use the mezzanine levels at the ends of each car.
- Stay connected to NJ TRANSIT social media during your commute. Search for rail, bus or light rail-specific Twitter accounts for the best information
- Twitter: @NJTRANSIT
- @NJTRANSIT_NBUS (North Jersey Bus)
- @NJTRANSIT_SBUS (South Jersey Bus)
- @NJTRANSIT_AL (Access Link)
- Facebook: facebook.com/NJTRANSIT
- YouTube Channel: TheNewJerseyTransit
- Sign up for the My Transit alert system on njtransit.com, which delivers travel advisories for your specific trip to your cell phone via email or text.
About NJ TRANSIT
NJ TRANSIT is the nation’s largest statewide public transportation system providing more than 925,000 weekday trips on 253 bus routes, three light rail lines, 12 commuter rail lines and through Access Link paratransit service. It is the third largest transit system in the country with 166 rail stations, 62 light rail stations and more than 19,000 bus stops linking major points in New Jersey, New York and Philadelphia.