Horizon’s new mail-order option now allows commercial and Medicare members to get home delivery of medication through their Amazon account.
When you see that Amazon delivery van rounding the corner and stopping in front of your home, it’s reassuring to know that whatever you ordered online this week is moments from arriving on your doorstep.
Fast and free home delivery of everything from household goods to holiday gifts has been an enormous convenience for all consumers and was an absolute necessity for many of us during the most confining times of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Getting free delivery of the medications you take to be – and stay – healthy, should be just as easy, and now it will be. Amazon Pharmacy is now available to you through Horizon’s new online home delivery program.
“Ordering 90-day supplies of medications is a great way for Horizon members to reduce what they pay out of pocket for prescription drugs, but it hasn’t always been easy,” said Saira A. Jan, M.S., Pharm.D., Vice-President & Chief Pharmacy Officer for Horizon. “ Amazon Pharmacy brings the familiarity and ease of the online Amazon shopping experience to mail-order prescriptions. Horizon members can now order and refill their medicines quickly, securely and often at a discounted price. We’re continually looking for innovative ways to improve convenience and lower costs for prescription drug benefits, and integrating Horizon mail order with Amazon Pharmacy is another important tool.”
Setting up an Amazon Pharmacy account is also easy – visit amazon.com/horizonblue and click Get Started. It takes about 5 minutes. (If you don’t have an Amazon account, you will need to sign up for one first).
With Amazon Pharmacy, Horizon members can expect:
- A convenient and familiar Amazon shopping experience
- Free shipping (2-day for Amazon Prime members; 5-day for non-Amazon Prime)
- 24/7/365 access to a pharmacist
- Clear pricing to help save time and money
- The ability to manage your medicine and order history online
Amazon Pharmacy is fully accredited and can fill most brand name and generic medicines1, while also taking a two-step approach to help save you money. In addition to Amazon Pharmacy, covered commercial members also get a built-in drug discount card called MedsYourWay™2, which can add additional drug price transparency and savings during the ordering process.
MedsYourWay combines drug discount card pricing with your pharmacy benefit, giving you the lowest price possible for your covered prescriptions or OTC medications at the point of sale whether that be through applying your copay amount or the discount card price. And you have that flexibility without the need to carry a separate drug discount card.
The MedsYourWay discount pricing offers many benefits, including:
- Seamlessly integrated into your shopping experience at Amazon Pharmacy
- You can save nearly 40% on select brand medications; and 80% on generics3
- Purchases automatically count toward your deductible or out-of-pocket maximum when selecting covered and eligible medicines through Amazon Pharmacy4
Prescription drugs are the fasting-growing expense in health care, accounting for nearly 20 cents of every dollar that Horizon members pay in premiums. Amazon Pharmacy builds on the tools Horizon members already have to save money, like 90-day medication ordering and delivery through AllianceRx Walgreens Prime and the added convenience of PillPack by Amazon Pharmacy, which offers presorted maintenance medications with no extra shipping cost.
Questions? You can call Amazon Pharmacy Customer Care at 1‑855‑549‑1760. Representatives are available weekdays from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., Eastern time (ET), and weekends from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., ET. Pharmacists are available 24/7.
- Amazon Pharmacy does not dispense Schedule II controlled substance drugs.
- MedsYourWay drug discount card, administered by Inside Rx LLC, is not insurance. You are responsible for the cost of prescription(s) when using MedsYourWay. Limitations apply. Inside Rx LLC is independent from and not affiliated with Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey.
- Average savings based on usage and Inside Rx data as compared to cash prices; average savings for all generics are 78%; 37% for select brand medications; restrictions apply. Medicare and Medicaid members can use Amazon Pharmacy without benefits.
- At the time you place your order, your medicine may have certain requirements that must be satisfied, such as prior authorization (PA) or a quantity limit. If such a requirement is not properly satisfied, the cost of your medicine may not be counted towards your out-of-pocket maximum (benefit accumulator). MedsYourWay will indicate when all such requirements are satisfied.
All trademarks referenced herein are property of their respective owners.
Prime Therapeutics LLC is Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey’s pharmacy benefit manager. Prime Therapeutics LLC is independent from and not affiliated with Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey.
Amazon Pharmacy is contracted by Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey to provide pharmacy home delivery services to eligible Horizon BCBSNJ members.