The Meadowlands Racetrack will be hosting a plethora of events this fall that food lovers are not going to want to miss.
First, on Saturday, October 14th, the National Thoroughbred League (NTL), will be hosting its inaugural New York Cup at the Racetrack, in a joint collaboration with the Food Network New York City Wine & Food Festival. This will feature a live performance by iconic Queens-born rapper Ja Rule. 20 celebrity chefs, including great American restaurateur and TV personality Andrew Zimmern, will be attempting to prepare dishes inspired by the six NTL cities. Use code Meadowlands50 for a special event discount.
The following Saturday, the Meadowlands Racetrack will be presenting a 5-course wine dinner in the 2nd-floor lounge. Each course will be proficiently paired with wine handpicked by one of our chefs. The courses include:
- 1st course: Brien en Croute with apricot glaze and toasted walnuts with a glass of champagne
- 2nd course: Crab Cake with lemon aioli with 3 oz chef-selected red and 3 oz chef-selected white
- 3rd course: Caprese Salad with fresh NJ tomato, basil, mozzarella, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar – 3 oz chef-selected red and 3 oz chef-selected white
- 4th course: Seared Pork Tenderloin with creamy polenta and wild mushrooms or Cote de Boeuf Ribeye with shallot tarte tatin and Bordelaise sauce – 3 oz chef-selected red and 3 oz chef-selected white
- 5h course: Walnut Cake and Banana Pudding with a glass of rich Port
All 5 courses are $74.95 per person, not including tax and tip.
Our Executive Chef Chris Burnett has curated a Southern-themed buffet during the weekend of Nov 4th at 4:30 pm. The menu is highlighted by the buttermilk fried chicken and Tennessee Meatloaf and also includes southern-style mac-n-cheese and fried green tomatoes with a special Mississippi comeback sauce. Call 201-843-2446 to reserve.
As the weather outside gets colder, the Meadowlands Racetrack is making sure they’re keeping things hot with the Fall Chili Cook-Off on November 4th. The competition will offer $4,500 in prizes! Guests at the racetrack are welcome to sample some of the featured homestyle chili and chili verde and vote for their favorites. For more details go to https://playmeadowlands.com/event/meadowlands-fall-chili-cook-off/
In celebration of the holiday season, the Racetrack will be hosting another Chef Chris Burnett-led dinner on Saturday, December 9. The menu is $100 per person, excluding tax and tip, but includes a glass of champagne, a live racing program, and a $10 betting voucher. The main course will feature the choices of an 8 oz filet, 16 oz ribeye, 24 oz porterhouse, or the massive 36 oz tomahawk for two which costs an extra $50 per person. Call 201-The-BigM to make reservations.
As always, the Meadowlands Racetrack is available for all your private events and holiday celebrations. Our party spaces include:
- Gallery – This is the perfect space for game day watch parties. The room features a private bar, lounge seating, and dozens of wall-to-wall HD TVs
- Skybox Suites – These rooms oversee the racetrack and provide private stadium-style seating. The suites can fit up to 200 people
- Trackside – A large, fully customizable space that is perfect for receptions, mitzvahs, and much more
- The Lounge – Located on the second floor and provides views of both the FanDuel Sportsbook and the racetrack, making it the ultimate game day space
For more information on the events above, go to https://playmeadowlands.com/
Must be 18+ to wager on horses & 21+ to wager on sports. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler.