The Meadowlands Racetrack is making their first UFC watch party of the year their best one yet with a special appearance from a man who is considered by many to be the greatest to ever step into the octagon, Jon ‘Bones’ Jones. Throughout Jones’ career, which has spanned more than a decade, he has earned a record of 27-1, including 13 title defenses, the most in UFC history.
Currently out with an injury, Jones will be holding a meet and greet at the Meadowlands Racetrack from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. The main card of UFC 297, headlined by Sean Strickland and Dricus Du Plessis, will begin not long after at 10 p.m.
If you are looking to place any bets on the fights, you can do so at the FanDuel Sportsbook located inside the Meadowlands Racetrack. The building’s many HD TV’s will not just be displaying the fight, however, as there will also be two important divisional round playoff games taking place throughout the day.
The Houston Texans will take on the #1-seeded Baltimore Ravens at 4:30 p.m., while the Green Bay Packers will face the #1-seeded San Francisco 49ers at 8:15 p.m. Both of these intense matchups will also be broadcast at the FanDuel Sportsbook at the Meadowlands Racetrack, creating a jam-packed day of sports.
The fun does not stop here, however, as the Meadowlands Racetrack will be kicking off their 2024 dining promotions with a five-course Asian-inspired dinner that has a cocktail accompanied with every meal.
102.7 midday host, Emily West, will be emceeing the dinner, highlighting the night’s football games, going over the basics of betting and providing betting knowledge for the night’s races. The dinner costs $69.95 per person to attend and includes a live racing program and a $10 betting voucher.
The menu consists of:
- Course 1 Vegetable Pho: Vietnamese broth with vegetables and rice noodles – paired with a Seasonal Craft Beer
- Course 2 Cold Sesame Noodle: Noodles tossed in a sesame-peanut sauce – paired with a Geisha Girl Martini (TY KU Citrus Liqueur, Lychee, Agave)
- Course 3 Chicken Teriyaki Skewer: Japanese style glazed chicken – paired with a Tamarind Margarita
- Course 4 Beef Rendang: Malaysian dry curry with tender beef and aromatic spices served with white rice – paired with a glass of Garnacha (Spanish red wine)
- Course 5 Green Tea Mochi: Japanese confection with a chewy rice-based shell wrapped around a soft and sweet center – paired with an Espresso Martini