Plan your Saturday night at the Meadowlands Racetrack on Jan. 20, where two special events are taking place along with live racing.
Dinner, Learning, Entertainment
The new WNEW 102.7 midday radio host Emily West will host a sports betting tutorial and five course dinner featuring an Asian cocktail pairing seminar. She will discuss football games and wagering basics, and will also offer up a couple of tips for the night’s harness races. Live harness racing post time is 6:20 p.m.
The five-course menu, which also includes a unique cocktail per course, consists of:
- Vegetable Pho: Vietnamese broth with vegetables and rice noodles – paired with a Seasonal Craft Beer
- Cold Sesame Noodle: Noodles tossed in a sesame-peanut sauce – paired with a Geisha Girl Martini (TY KU Citrus Liqueur, Lychee, Agave)
- Chicken Teriyaki Skewer: Japanese-style glazed chicken – paired with a Tamarind Margarita
- Beef Rendang: Malaysian dry curry with tender beef and aromatic spices served with white rice – paired with a glass of Garnacha (Spanish red wine)
- Green Tea Mochi: Japanese confection with a chewy rice-based shell wrapped around a soft and sweet center – paired with an Espresso Martini
The event starts at 6 p.m. Tickets are $69.95 per person and can be ordered here. Price includes a live racing program and $10 betting voucher. Dinner is 21+ only. Must be 21+ to wager on sports.
UFC Watch Party with Jon Bones Jones
A UFC 297 watch party with a Jon Bones Jones meet and greet is also happening on Saturday, Jan. 20. Currently out with an injury, Jones will be holding a meet and greet at the Meadowlands Racetrack from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. The main card of UFC 297, headlined by Sean Strickland and Dricus Du Plessis, will begin not long after at 10 p.m.
Buy tickets here.
The FanDuel Sportsbook at the Racetrack is also open that night, and features HD TVs, self-service and teller machines, a full bar, and food service.