Hackensack Meridian Health recently announced that more than 500 physicians affiliated with the health network have been recognized by Jersey’s Best magazine as Top Doctors.
“Our physicians are committed to providing top-quality care to their patients,” said Robert C. Garret, CEO of Hackensack Meridian Health. “Their unwavering dedication to pursuing clinical excellence is invaluable to their communities.”
The list, curated by Jersey’s Best in association with Castle Connolly Ltd., is first created through a survey sent to thousands of doctors and physicians, encouraging them to nominate their peers. Once nominated, there are a certain set of criteria that each physician is evaluated under. This criteria includes:
- Current and valid board certification in the doctor’s specialty
- Experience within the specialty
- Medical education and training
- Hospital staff appointments
- Administrative posts held
- Professional achievements
- Disciplinary/malpractice history
- Interpersonal skills, such as listening, communication, empathy and patient confidence
The appearance of so many physicians associated with Hackensack Meridian Health is another step towards reaching their goal of providing the best overall care to as many people as possible.